SolarSoft™ Max is a revolutionary breakthrough in the horticultural industry. It is the first corrugated polycarbonate greenhouse covering to be tested for hemispherical light transmission by world renowned Wageningen UR (University and Research Center).
DynaGlas SolarSoft Max’s Greca style corrugation allows excellent light transmittance at low sun angles, while maintaining hemispherical light transmittance up to 78%. With built-in condensate control, these benefits make DynaGlas®
SolarSoft™ Max the ultimate solution for greenhouse roofing.
*For more information on corrugated polycarbonate sheets without condensate control, please visit our SUNTUF® page.
More Light. More Often.
The light measurement most growers rely on is the Daily Light Integral (DLI) which indicates the daily amount of accumulated Photosynthetic Active Radiation (PAR). There are many factors that affect the amount of light penetration such as greenhouse structural members, internal obstructions, directional orientation of greenhouse, angle of sun and time of year.
Of these, the angle of incidence of the sun to the greenhouse canopy surface plays a very large part in the overall PAR light transmission into the greenhouse. When the sun is at its lowest point in the sky at sunrise and sunset, flat greenhouse canopies reflect more light than they transmit. So while glass may transmit an extra 1% of light while the sun is at its highest, it will reflect most of the light as the sun sets lower. Corrugated polycarbonate refracts light at low angles, reduces reflection, and facilitates more light penetration into the greenhouse than any other material.
More Evenly Dispersed.
Structural elements can establish shadows and clear glazing can form a direct light impact that may damage plants. Palram’s DynaGlas SolarSoft Max utilizes a proprietary formulation to create the perfect balance of evenly dispersed light throughout the plant canopy, while providing an ideal growing environment without the increased risk of plant burn due to intense light beams. Efficiencies are gained by using less water and loading more plants. Diffused light also reduces heat buildup in the greenhouse, resulting in a more pleasant work environment.
International Building Code Compliance:
DynaGlas® SolarSoft™ Max has been evaluated by ICC-ES (International Code Council Evaluation Service) for compliance with the 2012 International Building Code. Dynaglas is a light-transmitting plastic complying with IBC Section 803.1 and 2606.4 and is intended for use in interior or exterior applications. See report ESR-1893
for complete details. For a complete list of Palram's ICC-approved products, and more details about ICC, click here
- Corrugated profile and improved formula allows up to 6% more light into the greenhouse in comparison to other diffused and clear polycarbonate greenhouse coverings
- Up to 90% light transmission
- Up to 90% haze value
- Blocks out UV & far IR radiation
- UV2 available (UV protection on both sides)
- Wide service temperature range
-40° F to +212° F (-40° C to +120° C)
- Highest DLI value of any diffused polycarbonate sheet in the industry.
- DynaGlas SolarSoft Max's white color allows for maximum light transmission while eliminating shadows and reducing unwanted solar heat gain.
- Anti-condensate coating on the underside of the sheet controls disease and plant loss by preventing falling water droplets and reduced light transmission issues.
- 5-year hail and 10-year limited warranty against loss of light transmission / yellowing and condensation control.
- DynaGlas® SolarSoft™ Max is recommended for virtually any greenhouse application where light diffusion is desired.
- DynaGlas® SolarSoft Max is recommended for high light areas where shading is typically required during summer months, or where growers desire light transmission and diffusion similar to double-poly film or fiberglass.
Palram relies exclusively on its master distibution partner and converter, Green-Tek
to manage all facets of the DynaGlas product line, including marketing, sales, warehousing, cutting, and logistics for full-size master-length sheets.
In turn, DynaGlas products are sold through commercial greenhouse distributors and greenhouse manufacturers.
Outside of North America, DynaGlas is sold under the brand name "Suntuf Plus."