PALIGHT ProjectPVC is the perfect substrate for craft, modeling, cosplay and maker projects. Available in bright white or bold colors, ProjectPVC helps bring all types of projects to life. It’s rigid, yet lightweight, easy to cut, and to fabricate. It's an excellent substrate for hobbies, crafts, modeling, maker projects, and decorative interior home improvement projects.
ProjectPVC sheet offers more rigidity and durability than typical craftboard or foamboard, plus it's waterproof. Similar to working with a soft wood like pine or balsa wood, ProjectPVC is fabricated using conventional tools, such as blades, saws, and drills. ProjectPVC can be glued with adhesives approved for use with PVC (or, more generally, plastics). A variety of sizes are available that are easy to ship via residential courier.
- Available in a range of thicknesses and sizes conducive to DIY, modeling, and maker projects
- Lightweight and versatile, similar to balsa wood or pine
- Similar to working with wood–minimal learning curve
- Easily worked with conventional tools
- Formable using heat (use caution; see fabrication guide)
- Waterproof and resistant to most chemicals
- Bright white and bold colors available (unlike typical "foamboard," colors are solid to the core)
- Consistent, smooth matte surface
- Can be painted, or cn be adorned with spray-mounted printed sheets of paper, or adhesive labels
- Maker projects
- Interior decoration
- Cosplay projects
- Robot chassis parts
- School projects
Renna began cosplaying in early 2013. She strives for perfection in all she does, but only if it means having fun along the way.
When she's not desperately working on her own costumes, she loves making tutorial videos for others. Her "Tips for working with PVC
" tutorial video is one of our favorites.
bills himself as "a maker and a teacher or making." After reviewing his blog, we wholeheartedly agree. This guy's got mad skills. We hope to work with David in the furture to develop additional how-to pages on his site. Check it out
blurs the lines between a "maker" and a "pro." He's got a passion for robotics and foam PVC allows him to build projects that are on the top-shelf of the maker category. Check it out